Ingredient List Print Recipe
Peruvian Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon melted ghee or extra -virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
For the chicken
- 4-pound roasting chicken, gizzards removed and cut into 10 parts
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, washed and diced
- 3 small sweet onions, quartered
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons melted ghee or extra- virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- handful of fresh cilantro, for garnish
Peruvian-Style Roasted Chicken
Boasting of bold spices, a tangy kick, and crispy skin, this one-pot Peruvian-style chicken is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. My favorite part is the tender and flavorful sweet potatoes that lie underneath!
SERVES: 6 to 8
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Combine the ingredients for the spice rub in a small bowl.
Rinse and dry the chicken pieces, then generously rub them all over with the spice rub.
Place the sweet potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and garlic in a roasting pan or 9-by-12 baking dish. Drizzle the ghee over the vegetables, season with the salt and pepper, then toss to coat.
Arrange the chicken skin side down over the top of the vegetables. Place the lemon slices on top.
Roast for 20 minutes, then turn the chicken pieces over and stir the vegetables. Continue roasting for 20 to 25 more minutes, until the chicken skin is crisp and the vegetables are cooked through. Garnish with Cilantro.
Powered by Facebook Comments