Ingredient List Print Recipe
For the Shrimp
- 2 pounds u-15 count shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 jar, 12 ounces guava marmalade
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 5 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Coleman’s mustard powder
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
Grilled Shrimp with Rum-Guava Glaze
In this simple Cuban-inspired recipe, I pair garlic- and lime-infused grilled shrimp with a sticky, sweet-and-sour rum-guava glaze.
SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 30 PIECES
Combine the olive oil, 2 cloves minced garlic and juice of 1 lime. Pour over shrimp, and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
About an hour before you’re ready to grill the shrimp, combine all of the ingredients for the rum-guava glaze in a small saucepan. Cook at the barest possible simmer for about an hour, or until sauce has thickened to a glaze consistency.
Light a grill for direct heat cooking over hot charcoal. Skewer the shrimps individually on wooden skewers, and grill, about 2 minutes per side.
Serve with the glaze.
Photograph by Madeleine Hill.
Like this recipe? You may also enjoy:
Powered by Facebook Comments