Ingredient List Print Recipe
Tomato & Red Pepper Chutney
- 20 ounces finely chopped tomatoes in their juices
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon toasted ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons harissa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 pounds dry pack sea scallops, u-15 size
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground green cardamom
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Moroccan Seafood Grill
I love grilled scallops. The delicate, mild meat goes well with a hint of smoky flavor, plus it makes for a quick meal. Paired with a Moroccan tomato and red pepper chutney, these grilled scallops are delicious served with a basmati rice pilaf and roasted vegetables.
SERVINGS: 6 TO 8
TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
First, Make the Chutney
Roast the red peppers over the direct flame on the stove top, turning with tongs until charred all over. Once charred and blistered, place peppers in a ziploc bag and let steam for about 10 minutes; this will make it easier to remove the skin. Peel the pepper and mince. Reserve.
Mince the garlic.
Place half of the olive oil in a large saute pan and cook the tomatoes and peppers until pan is dry, about 20 minutes.
Remove pan from heat. Add the garlic, cumin, harissa, the rest of the oil, lemon, black sesame seeds and parsley. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill the Scallops
Combine all of the dry seasonings in a bowl and reserve.
Dip scallops in butter, then into the seasoning mix. you want the top and bottom to have a thin coating of seasoning.
Grill over high direct heat for one to two minutes per side, they should be medium rare.
Spoon sauce onto the plates and serve scallops on top of the sauce.
Photograph by Madeleine Hill.
Powered by Facebook Comments