Satisfying on a Hot Night
This refreshing summer ceviche pairs tuna and sweet, tart cherries with the salty-sour flavors of yuzu, soy sauce and lime juice. Ceviche is one of the world’s most genius food genres, and it gives the cook plenty of leeway to experiment with his food. Serve on its own or with tortilla chips.
Cherry & Tuna Ceviche
- 2 pounds center-cut top-grade tuna, trimmed and diced, sinew and connective tissue discarded
- 2 cups pitted sweet cherries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons yuzu juice
- 1/2 cup scallions, minced
- 1 fresh serrano chile, minced
- 1 cup daikon radish, finely diced
- 1 cup European cucumber, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Trim the tuna, discarding sinew and connective tissue. Dice the tuna.
Combine the diced tuna with all other ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Season with salt if needed, but you won’t need much.
Serve ceviche immediately. Pair with tortilla chips if you’d like.
Photograph by Madeleine Hill.