Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 2 cups rutabagas, peeled and cut into ¾-inch squared pieces
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾-inch squared pieces
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾-inch squared pieces
- 2 cups parsnips, peeled and cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 24 pearl onions, peeled
- 12 shallots, peeled and halved
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 to 3 sprigs rosemary sprigs
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Roasted Root Vegetables
Learning how to roast properly is crucial for success in the kitchen. For me, it’s the most soul satisfying form of cookery. I like a variety of texture, flavor and color in my roasted vegetables, so I use a mix of root vegetables along with shallots, pearl onions and sprigs of fresh herbs.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, toss all the root vegetables, shallots, onions and garlic with salt and pepper. Add the all of the fresh herbs.
Heat the butter and olive oil together in a small pan. Once the butter is melted, pour it into the mixing bowl with vegetables. Toss to combine and coat the vegetables.
Spread on a baking sheet in an even layer and roast on a rack in the upper third of the oven. After 30 minutes, turn the contents of the pan using a metal spatula and continue cooking until all ingredients are roasted well to a light nut brown color, about 15 more minutes.
Season and serve.
Like this recipe? You may also enjoy:
Powered by Facebook Comments