Ingredient List Print Recipe
For the Burgers
- 2 pounds ground pork shoulder
- 1 minced onion
- 2 minced roasted jalapenos
- 3 tablespoons dark Beer
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic (I use a microplane)
- 2 tablespoons ground epazote
- Sliced cheese for serving (optional)
- Sliced tomato for serving (optional)
- Hamburger buns
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 serrano chiles, minced
- 1/2 pound tomatillos… rinsed, husked and quartered
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Grilled Mexican Burgers
These pork burgers, studded with bold Mexican flavors, are a perfect alternative to the typical beef patty for your next backyard barbecue.
SERVINGS: MAKES 6 TO 8 BURGERS
Combine the ground pork with all of the seasonings. Let stand in a refrigerator for 18 to 24 hours.
Light grill and let burn down to a medium fire. Oil grill and cook burgers until they are cooked through, and nice and crusty, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Top with cheese and serve on grilled buns, with the avocado-tomatillo salsa.
Combine the chiles, onion, salt, garlic, tomatillos, mint and cilantro in a mortar and pestle or in a food processor and combine to a chunky paste.
Peel, seed and chop the avocado… fold into the sauce with the lime juice. Serve on top of the Mexican pork burgers with sliced tomato and cheese.
Photograph by Madeleine Hill.
Like this recipe? You may also enjoy:
Powered by Facebook Comments