Easy, Flavorful Turkey Burgers
Adding ricotta, tomato and basil to ground turkey makes the best, most flavorful turkey burger you’ve ever had.
Turkey Burgers with Tomato & Ricotta
- 1 pound ground turkey, preferably dark meat
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ricotta, plus more for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 basil leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 4 buns
- Tomato slices
Mix the ground turkey with tomato paste, ricotta, garlic and basil until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Gently form the meat into four patties.
Prepare a grill for medium-high direct cooking and lightly oil the grate. Cook the turkey burgers for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Place the turkey burgers on the buns, topping with tomato slices, ricotta and a few basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Photograph by Madeleine Hill.
• French Onion Soup Burgers
• Mexican Pork Burgers
• Goat Burgers with Roasted Tomatoes