Easy Party Dip
Elevate the typical artichoke dip with a healthy dose of crab. You’ll thank me for it.
Hot Crab & Artichoke Dip
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 14 ounce can artichokes hearts packed in water, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmegiano reggiano
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons madeira
- Salt and white pepper
- Dash of paprika
- Several pinches of cayenne
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine crab, artichoke hearts, mayo, parmesan, parsley, garlic and madeira with a fork. It should be thoroughly mixed but lumpy. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
Put mixture in a flat casserole dish large enough so that the mixture is no deeper than an 2 inches or so. Top with paprika and cayenne.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until bubbly. Serve with toasted, sliced bread.
Photographs by Madeleine Hill.