Crispy Curry Chicken Wings with Frizzled Shallots & Hot Red Peppers
These curried, fried chicken wings with frizzled shallots and chiles are impressive, but so easy! I love pairing these with homemade ranch dip to balance out the hot red chiles and curry. It’s wing heaven.
Watch me make this recipe:
Watch me make ranch dip:
Crispy Curry Chicken Wings with Frizzled Shallots and Hot Red Peppers
By Andrew Zimmern
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 2 sliced shallots or one sliced onion, in rings
- 2 sliced hot red peppers, in rings
- 3 to 4 tablespoons AZ/Badia Curry Seasoning, depending on your taste
Homemade Ranch Dip
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of half the lemon
- 2 tablespoons AZ & Badia French Seasoning
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the wings: In a large heavy pot or wok, heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees F.
Season wings with salt. Fry wings to nutty dark golden brown all over, about 5 to 7 minutes. Reserve to a bowl and toss with the curry seasoning.
Fry the peppers and shallots until browned and crinkly. Toss with the wings and serve, along with the homemade Ranch Dressing.
For the ranch dip: Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, whisking until well incorporated. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Serve as a dip for wings or vegetables, or as a great homemade ranch salad dressing.