Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch long bias cut pieces
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 whole acorn squash, halved, seeded, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds cubed peeled rutabaga
- 2 pounds peeled and quartered beets
- 12 shallots, peeled and left whole
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
Brown Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup cream
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
The best way to eat your vegetables
These veggies are delicious on their own or with the included brown butter sauce recipe.
Place all the cut vegetables into a large bowl and toss with the oil and salt. Spread on to a sheet pan and roast in the upper third of a 400 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until vegetables have taken on a nicely roasted hue and are fork tender.
Serve with the sauce below, poured over, or on the side.
In a small saucepan bring cream and butter to boil. Stir constantly, reducing until the mixture breaks and the milk solids brown and separate from the clear fat (10 min).
Cool for 10 minutes without disturbing, letting the solids sink to the bottom. Skim off fat.
Place remaining ‘sauce’ in a blender and with machine running slowly pour in the butterfat to emulsify. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Use warm but not hot.
Photos by Stephanie Meyer.
Powered by Facebook Comments