Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 2 pounds medium sized red beets
- 1 pound pearl onions, trimmed and free of skins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sherry wine or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- a few pinches ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 fresh bay leaf
For Something New
Rub beets with the oil, and roast at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour until just crisp-tender.
Cool, peel and quarter with a pairing knife. Set aside.
Bring remaining ingredients, except the onions, to a light boil in a non-reactive sauté pan over medium heat and cook until reduced by 1/3. When reduced, add the beets the onions and continue cooking until pan is essentially “dry” and vegetables are glazed.
Season with sea salt and serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments