Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 18 cherrystone clams
- 18 shucked pacific oysters, juices reserved
- 6 whole hand-collected sea scallops
- 8 vine ripened large tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 c micro cilantro
- 1 T chipotles in adobo
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1/4 t ground cumin
- 1/4 c each of brunoise dice of celery, red onion and poblano chile
- 6 yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 t sugar
- 2 whole dried hot mexican chiles (chiltepin or arbol work great), toasted and crushed
A Refreshing (& Surprising!) Summer Dish.
We’re big fans of gazpacho at my house, but this is a equally delicious substitute. Pair it with an ice cold Mexican beer like Tecate. The key is using nice, juicy tomatoes!
Take 6 small glasses (I use 4 ounce juice glasses) and place oysters, clams and scallops divided into them, divide brunoise vegetables on top of that and refrigerate.
Grate tomatoes and strain to remove seeds. Chill tomato puree for 1 hour. Season with cumin, chipotle, dried chiles, lime and oyster juice. Season with salt, adjust citrus/chile and divide over seafood.
Garnish with yellow tomatoes, thin shavings of avocado (or dice) and finally with micro cilantro and serve immediately.
Powered by Facebook Comments