Seasonal & Spontaneous
By David Kinch
“Strawberries and cucumber are the base ingredients, while corn whiskey and Pimm’s No. 1 Cup are there to elevate the sweetness of the strawberries and the soft, crunchy texture of the cucumber. The result, while unusual, is a crisp and refreshing kicker.” – Jeff Bareilles, Beverage Director at Manresa
Mr. McGregor's Garden
- 2 strawberries
- 4 (2-inch-long) English cucumber sticks
- 1 dash Fee Brothers rhubarb bitters
- 1 dash The Bitter Truth lemon bitters
- 1/8 ounce Sirop JM or simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces Pimm’s No. 1 Cup
- 1/2 ounce Hudson corn whiskey
- 2 ounces Fever-Tree ginger beer
Muddle the strawberries, cucumber, bitters, and Sirop JM in a pint glass. Add the Pimm’s and corn whiskey to the same glass and set aside. Put 3 ice cubes in a pilsner glass and add the ginger beer. Fill the pint glass with ice, hard-shake for 15 to 20 seconds, and strain carefully onto the ice in the pilsner glass to form two distinct layers.
Recipe from Manresa: An Edible Reflection by David Kinch with Christine Muhlke. Order your copy here.