By Andrew Zimmern
Curried Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of Major Grey’s Chutney or other mango chutney
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 4 tablespoons of my Spicy Madras Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 finely minced fresh serrano chile
- 3 cups pulled and chopped white and dark meat chicken
- 1 finely diced red onion
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup mixed cilantro and mint leaves
- 1 cup raisins or unsulphured dried apricots, or a combination
- Several thinly sliced scallions
- Several red radishes, thinly sliced
- Halved cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Sliced cucumbers, for garnish
- Handful of well toasted cashews, for garnish
- Toast points and/or bibb lettuce, for serving
Place mayo in a very large bowl. Whisk in the chutney, lime juice, curry powder, turmeric, chile powder, ginger and serrano chile.
Fold in the chicken, onion, celery, mint, cilantro, raisins and scallions. Combine and adjust with salt/pepper. Let sit for 45 minutes in the fridge.
Divide onto butter lettuce leaves, garnish with cashews and thinly sliced radishes.
Serve with toast points.