Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 2 large European cucumbers, halved and seeded—1/2 cup finely diced and reserved for garnish, the rest coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup loosely packed dill
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed tarragon leaves
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Fresh ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 shallot, minced for garnish
Cold Cucumber Soup with Yogurt & Dill
This is a really simple Turkish cucumber and yogurt soup that only takes a few minutes to make. The technique couldn’t be easier, you’re basically blending a salad into a refreshing cold soup. I keep jars of this stuff in the fridge all summer long, it’s the perfect healthy snack, appetizer or sauce for cold poached salmon.
TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN, PLUS 5 HOURS FOR CHILLING
SERVINGS: 5 CUPS
In a blender, combine the chopped cucumber with the dill, tarragon, onion, parsley, ground white pepper, salt, olive oil, yogurt, lemon juice and garlic. Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours, or until chilled.
Taste and season the cucumber soup again as necessary just before serving. Pour the soup into bowls. Garnish with the finely diced cucumber, shallot and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.
Like this recipe? You may also enjoy:
Powered by Facebook Comments