Microwave Orange Custard Pie
Want to make a fun dessert and all you have is a microwave? This orange custard pie is your solution.
How to Make a Delicious Pie in the Microwave
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs plus one yolk
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (you can substitute grapefruit juice or blood orange juice)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Grease a microwave safe 9-inch glass pie pan with the softened butter.
Whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of the orange zest. Stir in melted butter. Press crust into prepared dish.
Microwave for three minutes at 80% power. Check to make sure the crust is firm. If not, heat for an additional 30 seconds at 80% power. Set aside.
Beat granulated sugar, the remaining 2 tablespoons orange zest, eggs, and juices together. Beat in flour, baking powder and salt. Continue beating for 2-3 minutes.
Pour the filling over the crust and microwave for three minutes at 80% power. Check the filling. It should be set with just a little jiggle.
If it hasn’t set, microwave for an additional minute at 80% power and check again.