By Andrew Zimmern
Curry Crab Dip
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons madeira
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
- White pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 14 ounce can artichokes hearts packed in water, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Andrew Zimmern/Badia Curry Spice Blend
- Sliced bread, buttered and toasted, to serve
Preheat the oven to 525 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine crab, mayonnaise, madeira, salt, paprika, cayenne, white pepper, garlic, parsley (reserve a teaspoon of the parsley to garnish the dip), cheese, artichoke hearts and curry blend. Gently mix together until fully incorporated.
Put crab mixture in a flat casserole dish. Top with an extra pinch of paprika, parsley, salt and a sprinkle of parmesan.
Place the dip in the upper third of the oven, then lower the heat to 400 degrees F.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, until bubbly and slightly brown on top. Serve warm with toast.