Hot Sesame Oil Dipping Sauce
This dipping sauce uses hot sesame oil to coax the flavor out of ginger, garlic and Szechuan peppercorns. It goes well with my Hainanese Chicken Rice, on pork, chicken, fish or beef. You’re going to love it.
Watch Andrew make this recipe:
Andrew Zimmern Cooks: Hot Sesame Oil Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, grated
- 4 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground Szechuan peppercorns
- 2 dry hot chiles, crushed (I like Chinese Tsin Tsin chiles)
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
Place all the ingredients except the oil in a mixing bowl. Heat the oil to 250 degrees F in a small sauce pan. Pour the hot oil over the ingredients and let cool to room temperature. It gets better the longer it sits.
• Chili Dipping Sauce with Sesame Seeds, Lime & Mint
• Bangalore-Style Dipping Sauce
• Hainan Chicken Rice with 3 Dipping Sauce