Spicy, Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
Available at most grocery stores, bottled Thai chili sauce is a versatile condiment you should keep stocked in your cupboards. I doctor it up with fresh lime juice, fish sauce, sesame seeds, spicy chiles and mint for the easiest and most delicious dipping sauce I can think of for appetizers like egg rolls and dumplings. It’s the perfect balance of sweet, sour, salty and spicy.
Chili Dipping Sauce with Sesame Seeds, Lime & Mint
- 1/4 cup Thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons mint, minced
- 2 hot fresh chiles, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk until the sugar dissolves and ingredients are well incorporated. Serve.
Photographs by Madeleine Hill.
• Bangalore-Style Dipping Sauce
• Sticky Rice with Peanut Dipping Sauce
• Grilled Beef Rolls with Nuoc Cham