Yes, It’s Vegan (or Not)
This dip is easy to make and can be as vegan as you want it to be. It’s guilt-free and healthy, and it makes the world a better place.
Spicy Artichoke Dip
- Two 14-ounce cans of quartered artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup vegan mayonnaise (or regular if you are OK with that)
- 1/2 cup grated vegan cheese (or freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano if you are OK with that)
- 2 8-ounce containers Nature’s Fynd Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- Handful of minced parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced thin
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Madeira
- Salt and white pepper
- 2 cups of crumbled salt and vinegar potato chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine artichoke hearts, mayo, cheese, Nature’s Fynd Dairy-Free Cream Cheese, parsley, garlic, scallions, jalapeños, lemon juice and madeira. It should be thoroughly mixed but lumpy. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
Put mixture in a flat casserole dish large enough so that the mixture is no deeper than 2 inches. Top with the potato chips.
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and browned on top. Serve with crackers.