By Andrew Zimmern
This easy salmon tartar seasoned with a little meyer lemon juice, dijon mustard and smoked paprika makes a lovely light lunch or appetizer. As with all tartares, use the best salmon you can get your hands on, I’m currently obsessed with Kvaroy’s sustainable Arctic salmon.
- 10 ounces Kvaroy salmon, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh hot chile (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot or more to taste
- 2 teaspoon minced caper
- 2 tablespoons finely diced cucumber
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon meyer lemon juice or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- White pepper
- Toast points for serving
Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Taste for salt and acidity and season as needed.
Serve, plated, with the toast points.