Vegan Queso Dip
By Andrew Zimmern
This dip is easy, fast, can be as vegan as you want it to be and is guilt free, healthy, and makes the world a better place.
Holiday Queso Dip
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions, minced
- 6 Nature’s Fynd breakfast patties
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Goya Sazon seasoning (1 packet)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 8-ounce containers Nature’s Fynd dairy-free cream cheese
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa (I used Casera hot)
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- Sea salt
- Lime juice
In a large pan over medium heat, add the oil and saute the onions until caramelized.
Crumble 6 Nature’s Fynd breakfast patties into the onions. Add the oregano, smoked paprika, Goya Sazon packet, cayenne and jalapeno. Stir and cook for two minutes.
Add the Nature’s Fynd dairy-free cream cheese, and stir until blended into the sausage mixture. Stir in the salsa and cook for another minute. Add the scallions and cilantro, season with sea salt and a few squeezes of fresh lime juice and place in a bowl for dipping.
Serve with your favorite chips.