By Andrew Zimmern
I love this flavorful dressing on my shrimp tempura salad:
- 1/2 pound peeled carrots (2-3 medium), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup soybean oil
- 1/4 cup peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 fresh shiso leaves (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
Blanch the carrots for 60 seconds, then shock in ice water. Drain and dried well.
Combine the carrots with all of the remaining ingredients in a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Serve!