By Andrew Zimmern
All great recipes have something in common, a harmonious balance of textures and flavor — sweet and spicy, crunchy and creamy, vibrant and mellow, hot and cold. This super easy, weeknight friendly, meal prep winner hits all the right marks. Fresh, crisp vegetables add a welcome crunch to the moist chicken salad that’s bound with just enough creamy mayo. My spicy, flavorful Madras Curry Blend is rounded out by sweet raisins and a spoonful of mango chutney. Herbs and citrus add another depth of flavor, and a toasted topping of coconut and almonds seals the deal. You can use leftover roast chicken or a store bought rotisserie chicken to cut back on the prep, but a gently poached chicken would work just as well. I like to serve it with butter lettuce, but it’s great on toast, as a sandwich or wrap.
Easy Curry Chicken Salad
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon Andrew Zimmern Madras Curry Blend, plus more to taste
- Some lemon/orange zest
- Some fresh orange juice, just a little from the orange you zested
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- Chopped cilantro
- Toasted coconut, for garnish
- Toasted almond slivers, for garnish
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and let sit in fridge for 30 minutes.
Remove, stir, season, and serve on toast for sandwiches or in butter lettuce cups.
Garnish with toasted coconut or toasted almond slivers and spoonfuls of mango chutney.