By Andrew Zimmern
- Two 4 or 5 oz pieces of trimmed beef top round
- Tarragon and mint sprig tips or leaves
- Lemon zest
- Toasted crushed pistachios
- Sliced hot chiles, use your favorite. I love jalapeno and red fresno for this
- Shavings of Reggiano parmesan
- Drizzles of GREAT olive oil. Get a good one.
- Olive slices if you care to…
- Edible flowers
- Nasturtium leaves
- My secret… I use the last inch of tonnato sauce in my plastic tub, loosened with a little vinegar or lemon juice and placed in a squeeze bottle and drizzled on top.
Rub with just enough oil to cover
Place each piece between sheets of plastic wrap and pound out with a meat mallet until the size of a dinner plate. Place carpaccio on a large plate.
Season with sea salt and ground black pepper and garnish.