Trying a healthier diet? This simple recipe is a good place to start. The flavor combination of carrots, curry, orange and ginger is amazing, not to mention incredibly nutritious.
Glazed Carrots with Hot Madras Curry
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Hot Madras curry powder
- 1 golfball size piece of fresh ginger, sliced
Peel the carrots and slice about 1/3-inch thick on a 45-degree bias.
Combine all ingredients in a sauté pan over high heat.
When simmering, turn heat down to medium. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes.
Remove lid and, while tossing regularly, reduce liquids to a tight glaze.
Season with sea salt and serve.