Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 4 x 6-oz (175-g) white fish fillets (such as sole, croaker, or grouper)
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons limo chile, chopped
- Juice of 20 small lemons
- 1 teaspoon chopped culantro or cilantro (coriander) leaves
- 2 or 3 ice cubes
- 1 red onion, sliced into half-moon crescents
- salt and pepper
- 1 corncob, cooked and kernels removed
- 1/2 sweet potato, boiled and sliced
By Gaston Acurio
Always use firm-fleshed white fish, without skin and bones, to prepare classic ceviche. Avoid oily or fatty varieties of fish.
Recipe from Peru: The Cookbook by Gaston Acurio. Order your copy here.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cut the fish into 3/4-inch/2-cm cubes, place in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper. After 1 minute, add the garlic and limo chile. Mix together well.
Pour over the lemon juice and add the chopped culantro or cilantro (coriander) leaves and ice cubes. Stir and let stand for a few seconds. Add the red onion and remove the ice cubes. Mix together and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Serve in a large shallow bowl with cooked corn kernels and boiled sweet potato slices.
Peru: The Cookbook by Gaston Acurio, Phaidon 2015; photograph (c) Andy Sewell
Powered by Facebook Comments