Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Thai chiles, finely minced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 European or English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- Crushed roasted peanuts for garnish
Refreshing Cucumber Salad with Peanuts & Cilantro
This classic, sweet-and-sour Thai-style cucumber salad is the perfect warm weather side dish.
Split the cucumbers lengthwise and thinly slice across them.
In a bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, sugar and hot pepper. Mix well together until the sugar is dissolved. Sometimes I hold my bowl over a burner on the stove to warm it. If you do, cool the dressing well.
Stir in the cucumbers and onions. Garnish with the nuts and cilantro leaves. Serve.
Photograph by Madeleine Hill.
Like this recipe? You may also enjoy:
Powered by Facebook Comments