Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 1 pound of cleaned and SUPER fresh baby goat, minced by hand
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped oven-dried tomatoes
- Yuzu kosho to taste
- Slices of brioche toast for serving
Rempah (per one pound of goat meat)
- 3 tablespoons shallots
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon grass (white mass only)
- 4 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh hot chile
I’m preparing this delicious goat tartare for an intimate dinner at Khong River House during this year’s SOBE Wine & Food Festival, where I’ll be cooking with Jason Wang of Xi’an Famous Foods and Khong’s main chef Sudarat Loasupho. More info here.
Make the Rempah
Place the oils in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shallots, ginger, curry powder, garlic, lemongrass and hot chiles.
Sweat for 4 to 5 minutes until glassy and aromatic.
Add the sake and soy sauce, and cook until nearly evaporated.
Prepare the Goat Tartare
Stir rempah mixture into 1 pound of well minced goat, in thirds, tasting as you go. When seasoned properly, fold in the minced scallions, chopped oven dried tomatoes and yuzu-koshu to taste.
Serve it on crisped little toasts of cut brioche.
Powered by Facebook Comments