Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless
- 1 white onion, peeled and cut into 6ths
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 1/2 cup tomato puree, skin and seeds removed
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 4 chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 tablespoon corriander, ground
- 1 14-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup crema
- Lime wedges
- Cotija, crumbled or grated
- Avocado, peeled and sliced
- Cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Jalapeno, chopped finely
- White onion, chopped finely
What I’m Craving After a Long Shift
By Jenn Louis
Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
In a blender, finely puree onion, garlic, tomatoes, stock, chilies, cumin and coriander. Set aside.
In a 10-inch cast iron pan, warm oil over medium high heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and sear on both sides until caramelized and golden. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
Drain all but enough oil to cover bottom of pan. Add additional oil if needed. Maintaining medium-high heat, pour contents of blender into hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes. Season sauce lightly with salt. Add chicken pieces, nestling them into the sauce, skin side up.
Place pan in oven and braise until the chicken is tender, about 35 minutes.
Stir beans into sauce. Crack eggs into 4 corners of pan, not touching the sides of the pan, and return to oven to bake eggs. Continue gently cooking until whites are set and yolks are runny.
Place the Dutch oven on the table and serve out of the pot with warm tortillas, crema and garnishes.
Powered by Facebook Comments