Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 2 lbs shrimp, u-15 size
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chile flakes, or more to taste
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon ground fennel or anise seed
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup finely diced chopped tomatoes, canned is fine, drained
- 1/3 cup shopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2/3 cup crumbled fresh feta
A Greek Treat
Peel and devein the shrimp, reserve.
Place the oil in a large oven proof saute pan over high heat. A 14” sauteuse works best.
When hot, add the onion, garlic, fennel seed, oregano, parsley and chile flake.
Sauté until glassy.
Add the wine and the tomatoes, cook until most of the liquid has evaporated .
Add the shrimp and toss quickly for 60 seconds.
Place under a hot broiler to cook through, this will only take a few minutes.
Add the feta, sprinkled over the top and the lemon juice.
Place under the broiler again and color up the cheese.
Powered by Facebook Comments