Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 3/4 cup fine bulgur
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups thinly sliced roast chicken
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into
- 1/8-inch dice
- 4 medium or 5 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 to 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Perfect Picnic Food
By Mindy Fox
Homemade tabbouleh, especially when heavy on the lemon and herbs, has an extraordinarily fresh and vibrant quality that is lacking in most store-bought versions. Though the bulgur requires some time to soak, by the time you’re finished chopping up the herbs and vegetables, the salad is tossed together in minutes. Adding chicken makes this dish a little heartier than the vegetarian type. Serve it on its own, or mezzestyle, with olives and other little salads and bites.
Combine the bulgur and lemon juice in a large bowl and let stand for 45 minutes.
Fluff the mixture with a fork, then add the chicken, cucumber, radishes, mint, parsley, scallions, and oil. Stir to thoroughly combine. Season with salt and pepper.
a fine grind
Bulgur comes in fine, medium, and coarse grinds. The fine grind works best for this recipe. If it’s not available, purchase the medium or coarse, and pulse it a few times in a spice grinder or food processor to make it fine.
Powered by Facebook Comments