Ingredient List Print Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces whole-wheat angel hair pasta, broken into quarters
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 2/3 cups seafood broth
- 1/3 cup dry sherry or dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, preferably Spanish
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 dozen mussels, scrubbed and debearded, if necessary
- 1 pound fresh or frozen thawed calamari, cleaned and cut into ½-inch rings
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges, for serving
Servings: 6 to 8
Heat the oil in a large paella pan or skillet with a 12- to 14-inch diameter over medium heat. Add the pasta and cook, turning often with kitchen tongs, until it starts to brown, about 2 minutes.
Push the pasta to one side of the pan. Add the onion and garlic to the cleared side of the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Combine the pasta with the vegetables. Stir in the tomatoes with their juices, broth, sherry, paprika, saffron, and cinnamon and bring to a simmer. Add the mussels, calamari, peas, and parsley. Reduce the heat to medium low and cover.
Simmer until the pasta is tender, the mussels begin to open, and the calamari is opaque, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and discard any mussels that do not open. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot from the pan with the lemon wedges.
Powered by Facebook Comments