Beyond Stir Fry
Andrew teaches Molly the ins and outs of cooking great Chinese cuisine at home. On this week’s Go Fork Yourself, find out what every cook should have in their kitchen to make Chinese dishes, the most common mistake made by American cooks, and why grocery store soy sauce just won’t cut it.
- Cantonese Velvet Chicken and Asparagus
- Crispy Salt & Pepper Prawns
- Hot Wok Beef with Snow Peas (Simple stir fry)
- Black Bean Spare Ribs with Green Onion
- Deep wok for frying
- Strainers for oil
- Chinese steamer baskets
- Peanut oil
- Tobanjan (Andrew recommends Lee Kum Kee)
- Soy Sauce (Andrew recommends Yamasa)
- Douban (Chili bean paste)
- Hot chilies
- Corn Starch
- Rice Wine (High-quality rice wine is important, if you can’t find a good rice wine, try a nice sake)
- Chinese Vinegar (red & black)
- Szechuan peppers
- Chinese chilies
- Mala oil
- Revolutionary Chinese Cookbook by Fuchsia Dunlop
- Land of Plenty by Fuchsia Dunlop
- Beyond the Great Wall by Jeffrey Alford & Naomi Duguid
- Hot Sour Salty Sweet by Jeffrey Alford & Naomi Duguid
- The Cuisines of Asia by Jennifer Brennan
- The Wisdom of the Chinese Kitchen by Grace Young
- The Dim Sum Book by Eileen Yin-Fei Lo
We want to include your listener questions in upcoming podcasts. If you want to ask Andrew and Molly a question, call the Go Fork Yourself Hotline at 612-246-4582. Please leave your first name and a question. Please state your question clearly and concisely. Know that by leaving a message, you are giving us permission to use your name and voice on the podcast. Your message may be edited for time and clarity purposes.
We want to know what you think. Listen to the podcast and send us your comments. You can e-mail us at email@example.com with “Go Fork Yourself Feedback” in the subject line.
Go Fork Yourself is also available on Stitcher. Stitcher is a free news and talk mobile app available on your smart phone or tablet device. Download the app for FREE by clicking the image above and enter the promo code GOFORKYOURSELF for the chance to win $100.
Powered by Facebook Comments